I decided to use this grey/purple japanese print fabric I owned and found colors that would go well with it. I ordered the grey one from the fatquartershop not knowing what I wanted to do with it but just loving it. It is kona cotton and from a colletion Elizabeth Hartman designed with them. The other two are leftovers I had enough of.
I then decided to make it a rail fence. My first quilt was a rail fence quilt my grandmother helped me with.
I started to to cut and make long 2" strips, then I joined when together and cut then in to 6" squares. When I was piecing the third square this happened ...
Now the machine is back to the repairshop.
I will probably get it in two weeks. Until then I just have to clean up my sewing space and organize my fabrics :)